Gifted and Talented Education Mission Statement
The GATE program at Abraham Lincoln High School recognizes that students are best served when they have access to curriculum that stretches their own beliefs about their intellectual and creative capacities. Moreover, many GATE identified students underperform in school. To this end we strive to:
1) Ensure that all students have the skills necessary to work at their peak performance level.
2) Continue to identify students who would benefit from a more challenging curriculum.
3) Ensure that all students who demonstrate the capacity to excel in advanced level classes have access to them; including but not limited to honors and AP classes.
4) Monitor existing GATE students and assist them to be successful and joyful learners.
5) Encourage GATE students to choose a challenging course load that will prepare them for entrance to a four year college.
6) Promote professional development focused on the creation of engaging and relevant curriculum and teacher teaming.