Frequently Asked Questions
Whom do I contact if my student is absent for school?
Attendance Office Information:
- Mon, Tues, Fri. 7:30 - 11:30 a.m. 1:30 – 3:30 p.m.
- Wed (Block Schedule) 7:30 – 11:00 1:30 – 3:00
- Thurs (Block Schedule) 8:00 – 11:00 12:00 – 1:30
- Phone: 415-759-2700 or 415-759-2720
- Fax: 415-566-2224 or 415-242-2587
- Readmits are given out only during lunch time after school.
- If your child is absent from school, parents/guardians are asked to call the attendance office.
- We also ask that the parents/guardians write a note to school for the child to verify the absence. The child’s homeroom should be included on the note.
- Only certain absences are considered excused per Education Code. Such as, student illness, quarantine, and medical appointment, funeral services of immediate family, jury duty, and lack of immunization.
- The child has 48 hours to show the readmit note to his/her teacher(s) to verify that the absence was a legitimate one.
- Even if the parent/guardian calls in to report the absence, the autodialer will call to report that the child was absent from school.
- PLEASE state if your child was out the entire day OR specify the periods they missed.